...its nice to be back on the road again!! I really did forget how much I love traveling! And I always knew that I loved to travel! Its been several years since I've gone on any really decent trips and I am remembering again what I love about it!! How was it again that I went so long between trips?? It makes no sense!
I left this morning at 9:30 with my boss John, who agreed to ferry me to the train station. Of course, like a good boss, he found a way to make me work on the way there! My train didn't leave until 12:15 so he made sure that I had an inspection to do with him at a furniture place on the way down. Man, what a way to vacation, huh? However, I have decided to find it in my heart to forgive him!
The train ride up to Seattle was uneventful enough, other than the fact that it took over an hour longer than expected! The weather is absolutely flawless, clear and warm......well typical Northwest weather....right? Well, lets at least hope so!
Upon arriving in downtown Seattle, I proceeded to jog to the closest bus that would take me on up to my hostel. I must say that the trip so far is charmed in that I am getting to all my stops at the perfect time. The perfect time means stepping on the bus and having the doors close a scant three seconds later! The perfect time also means walking up to the hostel at the same time as three Stunning English blondes! To say charmed is an accurate description, its safe to say.
The hostel here is not near to downtown as I had hoped it was. I hopped on the bus and all I knew was the name of the stop I was to get off at. I was expecting it to be a dozen or so blocks out, but I was dead wrong. 5 miles later (well at least it seemed that way) I finally decided to get off. Luckily enough, did I mention "charmed"?, the stop I picked just happened to be the exact one I needed. Other than being further away from the downtown area, this hostel is rather cool! It is different than any other hostel that I've been in, but than again, isn't that the point? Its newer than most hostels that I've seen and is five, yes 5, stories tall. It has a great rooftop porch to watch the sunset from, a downstairs game room and middle level where everyone hangs out, oh and a ridiculously attractive and vivacious hostess! Some sort of combination!!
Well, this is all you get for today. I'm gonna write for a bit and then figure out what to do tomorrow. I'm thinking I'm going to like this traveling at the spur of the moment thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Who needs to be near the city. Sounds like you have enough sights to see at the hostel to keep u busy for several days. ~greg
great adventure! That hostel sounds cool. what is the name?
Stunning English women? No photos? What kind of a blog is this? Stay safe and keep the blog going.
PS: Thanks for forgiving me for the inspection :-)
Post a Comment